Pharmacy Technician Program
Group-based learning, interactive teaching, and externship sites prepare the student to apply their knowledge with compassion and caring for those we serve. The classes are all done online, in which video lectures and PowerPoint materials are reviewed at home, while chat time is reserved for discussion, workshops, and collaborative activities.
CALL US AT (630) 541-3600 EXT 8606 AND GET ENROLLED NOW!
Important procedures for enrollment:
- Interview with Director of Pharmacy Technician Program
- Drug screen and background check
Why Become Certified?
Certification is MANDATORY in most states. Two national certification exams:
- PTCB exam—offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- ExCPT exam—offered by the National Healthcareer Association
- Twenty hours of Continuing Education Credits (CE’s) every 2 years are required in many states to renew your license
- Go to the State Board of Pharmacy website to fill out the application
- Most states require the following to get a registration or license:
- High school diploma/G.E.D
- At least 18 years old
- NO PRIOR CRIMINAL RECORD (especially drug or violent offenses)